The Social Services Department of the Apache Tribe of Oklahoma is divided into different sections offering various programs intended to direct families within the Tribe toward self-sufficiency and stability. It is our hope to provide the serviced needed to allow for families to be productive members both within and outside our community.
Within the Social Service Department, we assist with Adult Protective Services, (APS), and also with Individual Indian Money Supervised Accounts, for Tribal members who have been determined unable to handle their own affairs either through the Court System, or medically. Each client must have restricted or trust property which derives from Oil/Gas Royalties and or Farm/Gazing land leases.
Job Placement & Training (JP&T)
The JP&T Programs method of training is restricted to institutional instruction in an accredited school in recognized and prior approved vocations and trades are. Training is restricted to those vocations which are located in the Apache Tribal jurisdiction and to those which take up to 24 months of instruction for certification. Thirty six (36) month training will be a consideration for those eligible JP&T students who are in registered nurse program.
Eligibility Requirements: Training Program
- The applicant must be an enrolled Apache Tribal Member.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- The applicant must be a resident from within the jurisdictional area of Anadarko Agency.
- Applicants who were recipients of educational grants from the Apache Higher Education Program are not eligible for the JP&T Program for at least one (1) calendar year has elapsed since he/she received financial assistance from the Higher Education Grant program.
- Applicants who have successfully completed a vocational training program that is still viable and employable field but never employed will be considered on second priority basis.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a documented financial need for training and, once on the program demonstrate that they have motivation and are willing to make sacrifices in order to learn their job skills within definite time limits. Successful applicants, or JP&T students, who do not attend class on a regular basis, will be counseled. If no improvement I shown within 30 days, then he/she will be de-selected.
Eligibility Requirements: Job Placement Program
- Accept applications for employment assistance from all trial members over the age of 18.
- Verify tribal enrollment for program eligibility.
- Verify residential requirement.
- Verify with employer regarding:
- Job Title
- Beginning Wages
- Date work begins
- First payday
- First full payday, and
A verification of employment on the company’s letterhead indication that the job is a permanent full time position.
Meet The Staff:
Supervisory Social Worker: Sallie Allen, MSW
Contact Community Services/Vocational Training:
Phone: (405) 247-8512
Fax: (405) 247-2252